- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 diced onion
- 1 tablespoon diced fresh jalapeno pepper
- 1 15-ounce can kidney beans with liquid
- 1 14.5-ounce can peeled diced tomatoes
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 bay leaf
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Diced onion
- Canned whole jalapeno chili peppers
- Brown ground beef in a large saucepan over medium heat. Drain fat.
- Add onion and pepper and sauté for about two minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Serve one cup in a bowl with the optional cheese, diced onion and whole jalapeno garnish on top.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA
unless otherwise noted.