- 8 cups finely chopped cabbage (about 1 head)
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot (1 medium carrot)
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Be sure cabbage and carrots are chopped up into very fine pieces (about the size of rice).
- Combine the sugar, salt, pepper, milk, mayonnaise, buttermilk, vinegar, and lemon juice in a large bowl and beat until smooth.
- Add the cabbage, carrots, and onion, and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Serves 10-12.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA
unless otherwise noted.