- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) package cottage cheese
- 1 pint part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) package lasagna noodles
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook and stir ground beef until brown. Add mushrooms and onions; saute until onions are transparent. Stir in pasta sauce, and heat through.
- In a medium size bowl, combine cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, grated Parmesan cheese, and eggs.
- Spread a thin layer of the meat sauce in the bottom of a 13x9 inch pan. Layer with uncooked lasagna noodles, cheese mixture, mozzarella cheese, and meat sauce. Continue layering until all ingredients are used, reserving 1/2 cup mozzarella. Cover pan with aluminum foil.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F (175 degree C) oven for 45 minutes. Uncover, and top with remaining half cup of mozzarella cheese. Bake for an additional 15 minutes. Remove from oven, and let stand 10 to 15 minutes before serving.